We all know a OneNiteStand is never enough – You just want more! Well good news, they’re back! And they have new stuff with girl guest artists who will redefine the local blues scene. This band is ‘nothin’ but rockin’ blues’ and you’ll say "oh yeah!" when you hear them! Can Blues be this much fun? It is for the players and it will be for you when you join this band of musicians who’ve been rode hard and put away wet. They’re dusting it off and shinin’ up nice for another rare gem of a show. OneNiteStand at the Red Bike, 8:30PM Friday, February 22nd.
These musical veterans play their favorite blues tunes and spice ‘em up with their own originals. They’ve all got blues chops, from growling it to flat-out rockin’. And wait ‘’til you hear the girl singers! Fresh from playing in the local band, Avaaza, Terri and Azula will leave you crying for more. This band has been been playing for a long time and have musical histories too long to mention here. The all-island players present a perfect mix of talent:
• Luke’s guitar screams the blues like a down-hearted frail and goes raw at just the right times. And when he sings, he knows most of the words too. Amazing!
•Harmonica king, Lonesome Mike, will slip you some of his own grimy vocals over the sw-e-e-e-e-t sound of blues harp all night long, baby.
• Slab blows his sax to the max with his own brand of playing that will even impress your friends.
• Gib, well, he has that strong back beat that keeps things smokin’ as he’s layin’ down the beat.
•Fletcher keeps it interesting with that fancy percussion stuff that only he knows.
• Matt [you know that guy! The Strawberry Fest award is named after him] drives home a solid cobalt bass getting’ funky or just bluzin’ it up.
• And don’t forget about the guest chick singers, Terri and Azula!
Everybody loves a OneNiteStand and you’ll never forgive yourself if you miss this.
Friday, February 22 at 8:30pm. This is a free cover all-ages show ‘til 11pm, then 21+ after that.
At the Red Bicycle
17618 Vashon Hwy SW